Wednesday 11 December 2019

ADVENT DAY 11 - HERE IS WHAT YOU MUST DO...


Image result for rahab


Joshua son of Nun secretly sent out from Shittim two men as spies. 
"Go.  Look over the land.  Check out Jericho." 
They left and arrived at the house of a prostitute named Rahab and stayed there...
Before the spies were down for the night, the woman came up to them on the roof and said, 
"I know that God has given you the land...now promise me by GOD,
I showed you mercy;  now show my family and mother, my brothers and sisters - everyone connected with my family..."
The men told her, "In order to keep this oath you made us swear, here is what you must do:
Hang this red rope out of the window through which you let us down and gather your entire family with you in your house...

Joshua 2:1, 8-9, 12-13, 17-18

And so, Rahab the prostitute who believed in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob obeyed the two men and she and her family were saved, not because she was good or did good things, but because she trusted God.  Rahab ultimately became the great-great-grandmother of King David and the many-many-times great-grandmother of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment