Friday 13 December 2019

ADVENT DAY 12 - ...AND YOUR GOD WILL BE MY GOD



Ruth 1:6-9, 16

One day Naomi got herself together, she and her two daughters-in-law, to leave the country of Moab and set out for home;  she had heard that GOD had been pleased to visit his people and give them food. And so she started out from the place she had been living, she and her two daughters-in-law with her, on the road back to the land of Judah.

After a short while on the road, Naomi told her two daughters-in-law, "Go back.  Go home and live with your mothers.  And may GOD treat you as graciously as you treated your deceased husbands and me.  May GOD give each of you a new home and a new husband!"  She kissed them and they cried openly.

But Ruth said, "Don't force me to leave you;  don't make me go home.  Where you go, I go;  and where you live, I'll live.  Your people are my people, your God is my god...

Despite being a Moabite, Ruth was a forebear of King David.
Her loyalty to Naomi and the God of Israel was what mattered, not her nationality.
`                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment